- 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless sirloin steak about 1 inch thick
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil divided
- 1 teapsoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground savory
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (9-oz.) package frozen creamed spinach
- Butterfly steak with a sharp knife and open to lay flat. Combine mushrooms, onions, garlic and 1 tablespoon in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave on hight for 1 to 2 minutes, until onions are soft. Spread over steak. Roll up steak, jelly roll style. Place seam side down in a greased open baking pan. ( 9 X 13 inch) Rub combined pepper, paprika and savory over surface of meat. Bake, uncovered at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Bakse with combined Worcestershire sauce, win and remaining tablespoon of oil. Bake 20 minutes more. Remove from oven and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, Prepare creamed spinach according to package directions. Spread spinach over warm serving platter. Cut sirloin into 8 slices and serve atop spinach. Yield: serves 4
Pair this special presentation of steak with two baked side vegetables. Bake 6 to 8 oz. russet potatoes along with steak. Be sure to prick holes in the potatoe skin to let steam escape. Serve with your favorite potatoe toppings such as butter and sour cream. Cut 2 acorn squash in half. Remove seeds. Place cut side down on greased cookie sheet. Bake for first 20 minutes with steak. Turn over and place a pat of butter in each cavity and may sprinkle each with pumpkin pie spice if desired. Bake an additional 20 minutes before serving.
The above is a dinner special enough for guests or a holiday. 4 servings. Easily mutiplied for additional servings.